About Sagar Group of Institutions
A place for learning, discovery, innovation, expression and discourse
- Sagar Group of Industries with diverse interests in cement manufacturing, IT, agriculture, infrastructure and consulting created SVVR Educational Society with the motto of Service to Society through Education on 2nd August 2008.
- Following concept of Integrated Campus started by Government of India, SVVR Educational Society established Sagar Group of Institutions (SGI) comprising Food and Agri Business School (FABS) and Sagar Agricultural Polytechnic (SAP) in Flame of the Forest Campus – a picturesque, serene and peaceful 45 acres sprawling campus – located on the outskirts of Hyderabad along Chevella – Urella Road.
- Flame of the Forest Campus was inaugurated by Late Dr.Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy, Former Chief Minister, Government of Andhra Pradesh on 8th August 2009 to nurture multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary learning with state of the art infrastructure including classrooms, seminar halls, WiFi enabled and networked IT communication facilities, library, canteen, administrative buildings, hostels, sports facilities and play grounds.
- Food and Agri-business School (FABS) offers a fully residential two years Post-Graduate Diploma Programme in Agri Business Management (PGDM-ABM) approved by AICTE and Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Sagar Agricultural Polytechnic (SAP) offers two-year Diploma in Agriculture and is affiliated to Professor Jayashankar Telangana State University, Hyderabad.
Sagar Group of Institutions was inaugurated on August 8th, 2009 by the late Chief Minister of erstwhile Andhra Pradesh Dr Y.S Rajashekhar Reddy garu along with late Mr. S. Veera Reddy, Founder of Sagar Group, late Mr. Jaipal Reddy, Senior Parliamentarian and former Central Minister and Senior Politician Sabitha Indra Reddy.
At SGI, we concur with the opinion that ‘education must …simultaneously provide maps of a complex world in constant turmoil and the compass that will enable people to find their way in it’. (Delors et al, p85). This has encouraged us to appreciate how important curriculum change is becoming, in as much as it is essential that what students learn is relevant to them as individuals and members of society, in their present and future contexts. SGI strives in enabling learners to become not only successful learning achievers but also responsible citizens, effective workers, caring community members, and life-long learners, in an increasingly interdependent world.
In line with its motto of Service to Society through Education, SGI believes if education is to succeed in its tasks, curriculum as its core should be restructured or repacked around the four pillars of learning articulated by UNESCO: learning to know, learning to do, learning to live together and learning to be. SGI has constituted Academic Council with Prof K Prathap Reddy, Former Director, IRMA, Anand, Gujarat as Chairperson to guide through not only the curriculum review and change process but also the faculty induction, development and performance monitoring processes to ensure the achievement of end results and purposes.
We look forward to the whole hearted participation of all the stakeholders and well-wishers including industry partners, faculty, students and staff in these endeavors to fulfill the motto of Service to Society through Education.
Board of Studies
Dr. W R Reddy, IAS ( Retd.)
Former Director General
Prof. A V Vedpuriswar
Sr.Prof, IBS, Hyderabad.
Dr. Suresh Garimella
Mr. Ram Kaundinya
Former CEO, ADVANTA India Ltd.
Mr. S Baskar Reddy
Former Executive Director
Syngenta Foundation India
Dr. B Saha
Mr. N V Ramana
Advisor, Samunnati Agri Value
Chain Finance Company.
Mr. Rahul Reddy
Treasurer of SVVR Education Society,
MD of Panchavati Polyfibers Ltd
Corporate Advisory Group
Mr. Ramkrishna Mudholkar
Strategy Consultant –
Production Agriculture Industry
Mr. Venkatram Vasantavada
International Pvt Ltd
Mr. Mukesh Mittal
Seed Industry Veteran
Dr. J C Majumdar
Chief Scientific Advisor,
Crop Care Federation of India
Mr. Nirmal Reddya
Former General Manager
(Supply Chain and New Initiatives),
ITC Agri Business Division