Dr. WR Reddy
Former DG of NIRDPR
About Samunnati Foundation
Samunnati Foundation, a not for profit Company registered under Section 8 of the Companies Act 2013, is a fully owned subsidiary of Samunnati Finance established with an aim to enable inclusive growth and create opportunities for the unserved/underserved communities.
About FABS Hyderabad
Food & Agri Business School (FABS) – part of SGI Hyderabad – as an innovative initiative, aims at developing competent food and agri business management professionals imbued with business skills, managerial competencies, entrepreneurial spirit and agro ecology orientation through its education, training, action research and consultancy programmes.
The program will cover
- Scope and elements of Agri Value Chains
- Various components of Agri Value Chains
- Value addition and revenue models
- Techniques of Value Chain Mapping
- Business Models
- Risk Management in Value Chains
- Instruments in Agri Value Chain Finance
Agriculture markets are going global, consumption patterns are changing and new production and distribution systems are emerging. Agriculture as an industry is receiving global attention than never before. Agriculture Value Chains are assuming to play a critical role in realisation of the potential of the sector. Recognising this criticality of making agri value chains work at a higher equilibrium, large corporates and nations around the world are investing heavily into strengthening agri value chains.
These exciting times are unfolding opportunities for various actors in agri value chains and agri professions in equal measure to understand and appreciate the intricacies involved in Agriculture Value Chains and Finance.
In this Global Effort, Samunnati Foundation and the Food and Agribusiness School, Hyderabad are adding their bit to build the capacity of the large number of professionals that will be required for such interventions in the near future.
This program is to build the capacities of professionals engaged in or are intending to improve their performance and willing to take up challenging opportunities in value chain management and finance initiatives as their career.
The training will help the participants to improve their skills, abilities to understand opportunities and challenges, in taking up potential and rewarding career paths. This training would be helpful for both the fresher seeking jobs and the professionals who are willing to enhance their profiles. Understanding key elements of agriculture value chain development & finance and its application in the real time scenario would connect the aspirants with the field realities.
The entire training will be executed and conducted by senior professionals from reputed institutions and organizations with an average experience of 40 years in delivering such knowledge.
Target participants: Practitioners & employees of MNCs, NGOs, CSR and Govt. Departments, Education Institutions engaged in agriculture value chain activities (with Graduation in any discipline) and any individual passionate about agriculture. Students- Graduates pursuing higher education or preparing for any competitive exam, seeking jobs and FABS Alumni would get discounted offers.
Participant can register themselves online and they will be enrolled based on first come first serve basis maximum up to 30 participants will be accommodated.
Certificate will be offered jointly by the promoters of this programme to participants upon successful completion of the three days training programme. Both hard copy and soft copy of the certificate will be given to the participants.
- Ice Breaker
- Importance of agri value chain and finance in India
- Nature of agriculture as a business
- Introduction to Value chains
- Intricacies in Agriculture value chains
- Value Chain Mapping
- Group Discussions
- Recap of Day 1
- Presentation by teams
- Video on silk value chain
- Group Discussions
- Introduction to inclusive value chains
- Business Models
- De-Risking Agricultural Value Chains
- Learnings of the day
- Recap of last two days of training
- Instruments of Agriculture Value Chain Finance
- Feedback and Inputs from Experts
- Training fees for 3 days is Rs.5000/– for any working professional and interested aspirants.
- For students pursuing higher studies or appearing for competing exam and FABS alumni the fees will be only Rs.4000/-.
- Graduation is mandatory for attending this training program.
- Last date for registration is 25th June 2021 by 5:00 PM IST.
- We would take maximum upto 30 participants on first come first serve basis. The date of the training program will be communicated to the registered participants.
State Bank of India A/C No. 30472613450,
Jubilee hills Branch,
IFSC Code: SBIN0004155,
Branch Code: 4155
In case of clarification and further information, please feel free to call
Prof. Nilendu Mukherjee
Mr. krishna Uppuluri